321 is a creative marketing agency using strategic data to create the kinds of meaningful moments that connect, inspire and engage. Our team looks for and values coworkers who are able to focus on what matters, bring solutions to the table, take ownership over their work, and are champions for the mood and success of their fellow teammate.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A Senior Copywriter at 321 is responsible for partnering with the creative design team to conceptualize ideas and write compelling, on-brand copy for our clients. Writing assignments will include multi-media campaigns, web copy, headlines, social posts, blogs, white papers, voice over, brand books and more. These teammates are thoughtful collaborators that pay attention to details to ensure all copy deliverables meet the requirements of the business, customer, brand and legal functions. Senior Copywriters are leaders in the department who work on medium to large sized projects, client pitches, and partner with contract writers when necessary. This Senior Copywriter will also collaborate closely with the Art Director to conceptualize campaigns and give direction to overall client projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Concept and Write
- Explore creative solutions that are well-written and conceptually sound.
- Show expertise in identifying tone of voice standards for multiple brands in print and VO.
- Demonstrate a clear ability to alter writing styles for a variety of audiences and channels including social media, video, long-form, headlines, and digital.
- Proofread all communications developed by the creative team and ensure information accuracy.
- Collaborate Internally & Externally
- Interpret client needs and develop concepts to adhere to specific guidelines, while working within budget and timeline constraints.
- Collaborate with designers to form initial creative concepts, and build upon those concepts by exploring new approaches with project teams.
- Distill client feedback, for yourself or other teammates, to make necessary adjustments to projects while maintaining copy integrity and a strong message.
- Work closely with and collaborate with project associated departments and Project Managers.
- Present & Support Your Work
- Communicate compelling reasoning for the why behind your work and the benefits to clients’ goals.
- Be a go-to team member to lead communication with clients and present work.
- Stay Current & Reliable
- Be a self-starter and quick learner, with the ability to deliver work on time and within scope.
- Follow and share industry trends and best practices.
- Bring innovative, industry leading ideas to the table.
- Proactively collaborate with the Art Director to push creative to award-winning levels.
- Be A Department Leader
- Take ownership of your work and your ability to guide creative in regards to copy and concept.
- Uphold yourself and others to the 321 values on a daily basis.
- Prioritize and work in an energetic & fast paced environment
- Work both independently and in a team.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 5+ years copywriting in an agency setting for web and print.
- Award-winning portfolio with Regional and National clients in a variety of media including video, OOH, social, digital and brand experiences
- Strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Proven skill at handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to focus in on the details, but also see how projects fit into larger company goals.
- Ability to work well in an agile, fast moving team environment.
- Agency experience is preferred.