321 is a creative marketing agency using strategic data to create the kinds of meaningful moments that connect, inspire and engage. Our team looks for and values coworkers who are able to focus on what matters, bring solutions to the table, take ownership over their work, and are champions for the mood and success of their fellow teammate.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Content Strategist is the lead content guru for projects at 321. This person is a great storyteller and understands the science of what makes content great. They are comfortable challenging the status quo and can tackle large messaging problems in a single brainstorm using their big picture x-ray vision.
This person is the high-level strategist who understands the entire toolbox and can put together content strategies to meet the goals we’re trying to achieve for our clients. The Content Strategist draws the story and plans the channels that will be used to develop the customer relationship with the brand. They ensure that story, language, tactics, and management processes work consistently and efficiently across every platform the brand leverages. The Content Strategist works collaboratively with the full project team on bringing the strategy to fruition.
Day to day includes developing creative editorial strategy for brands, planning a program, and guiding a client and a team around the development and execution of strategic objectives. They devise and deliver strategies on how to get the right content, to the right people, in the right place, and at the right time.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Strategize and Create Content
- Create content and recommendations for A/B tests and optimize client content based on results
- Guide the creation, delivery, and governance of useful and usable content.
- Create and maintain content strategy frameworks by analyzing existing content and content ecosystems.
- Identify and create specifications for the brand’s designated audience.
- Create and manage user-centered, goal-driven choices about content throughout its lifecycle
- Strategize and improve content delivery and promotions.
- Set the editorial strategy and plan so that content is consistent and compelling across all delivery streams and channels.
- Manage the breakdown of the content plan across all channels based on themes, messages, and tactics that support the larger story.
- Ensures all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality, and voice, and optimized for search and user experience across distribution channels.
- Provide structured writing guidelines for brands.
- Collaborate and Report
- Contribute creative content ideas and assist client teams with content ideation and direction.
- Interpret content effectiveness and independently or collaboratively provide data-driven analysis and content recommendations.
- Present & Support Your Work
- Establish a strong working relationship with the 321 creative team that builds confidence in your presented strategies.
- Present strategies internal and externally in an impactful way that builds a relationship and confidence with our client partners.
- Clearly communicate the “why” behind your strategies and defend choices to the benefit of the client’s goals.
- Stay Current & Reliable
- Be a self-starter and quick learner, with the ability to deliver work on time and within scope.
- As a contractor, over communicate, be available through 321’s communication channels, and confidently step in as a member of our team.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 2-4 years of related professional experience or professional writing experience at an advertising or marketing agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, public relations, communications, or a related field.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, solve problems effectively, and remain professional and constructive in all situations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience defining, tracking and reporting on content metrics and ability to communicate this effectively to the team
- Experience conducting content and comparative audits
- Understands digital best practices and has experience working with content management systems, SEO, SEM, digital paid media, web analytics, and digital strategy.
- Personal or professional experience in finance or investing
- Mac proficient
NOTE: This is an hourly contract position. 321 will consider candidates nation wide.
321 The Agency is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.