321 is a creative marketing agency using strategic data to create the kinds of meaningful moments that connect, inspire and engage. Our team looks for and values coworkers who are able to focus on what matters, bring solutions to the table, take ownership over their work, and are champions for the mood and success of their fellow teammate.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Client Strategist position at 321 is responsible for the management and smooth operation of various marketing projects while providing exceptional client service and support.
Duties of a Client Strategist include daily, professional client correspondence and internal communications with the project management, creative, digital media and development teams. They will work closely with clients, ensuring deadlines and milestones are met on-time and effectively. They will also pitch ideas, develop strategies and demonstrate problem-solving abilities to address client issues, while simultaneously adding value to the agency.
This position reports directly to the Director of Accounts & Strategy. Agency experience is preferred.
Account & Strategic Responsibilities
- Operate as the point of contact for any and all matters specific to your accounts. Maintain regular contact with customers to preserve and grow trust and knowledge on the account.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships, offering consultation and strategy to drive client retention and renewals.
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to understand customer goals and key performance metrics and exceed those goals throughout the campaign.
- Create and maintain comprehensive go-to-market strategies, marketing plans, and campaigns that drive results and optimize accordingly.
- Work proactively with customers to offer new opportunities and manage ongoing transactions on an account.
- Develop detailed proposals, statements of work, and high-level roadmaps with the support of core team members and monitor progress.
- Assist in providing strategic proposals and insightful reporting.
- Provide frequent, detailed updates on projects both internally and externally to the client.
- Establish and maintain an account plan and forecast for each assigned account aligned with both known and potential opportunities.
- Responsible for liaising between customers and teams with an eye towards ensuring alignment for the successful delivery of existing engagements.
- Participate in client acquisition activities including but not limited to “pitch participation”, proposal generation and representing 321 to potential customers.
Financial & Planning Responsibilities
- Work closely with Finance on billing set up and invoicing.
- Have a clear understanding of approved studio budget vs actual budget in order to understand project/account profit margin.
- Responsible for ensuring that commercial commitments remain in alignment with SOWs and agreements.
- Manage internal and external expectations around project budget and invoicing and communicate accordingly.
Project Support & Delivery
- Support the project team through the lifecycle of the project – discuss project approach, team concerns, the team wins and problem solve.
- Stay abreast of and involved in the overall project progress by attending all relevant project meetings.
- Maintain healthy and proactive relationships with client points of contact via weekly or bi-weekly executive meetings.
- Manage internal and external expectations and communicate accordingly.
- In partnership with the project manager, lead and facilitate kickoff discussions in order to appropriately set and manage expectations, influence, coach and inspire team throughout execution and delivery.
- Meticulously proof every piece of collateral before it is sent out, ensuring client branding and goals are being executed properly.
- Three to five years of experience in account service at an advertising or marketing agency
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, public relations, communications, or a related field
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, solve problems effectively, and to remain professional and constructive in all situations
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience with project management and/or resourcing software such as Workamagig, MavenLink, Monday, JIRA, or Basecamp.
- Have a working knowledge of content management systems, SEO, SEM, digital paid media, web analytics, and digital strategy
- Mac proficient
- Experience in tourism and/or hospitality industries preferred
- Options from and contributions towards Health, Vision, and Dental plans
- (9) Paid Holidays including MLK Day and a half day on Juneteenth
- December Holiday - 321 Office closed Dec 24 - Jan 1
- Hybrid Remote - Optional remote days Tuesday and Thursday weekly
- Flex Work Hours
- 401K Matching
- Downtown parking stipend
- Maternity and Parental Leave Support
- In office breakfast, snacks and unlimited coffee